9TH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP on Open Education and the Emerging Technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0)
The 4th Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0) is characterized by advances in technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Robotics, Machine Learning, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Big Data and Analytics, and the Internet of Things.
This workshop aims to explore the way the new technologies, pedagogies, Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) contribute to the openness and quality of education. But also how education has to change to prepare students, teachers and employees to understand, learn, adapt and shape the IR 4.0, for the challenges of the future society and new jobs, for continuous up-training and re-skilling.
Educational actors and stakeholders (as teachers, trainers, technologists, researchers, course designers, doctoral students, policymakers, etc.) are invited to discuss projects, research, new policies related to these aspects.
Topics of interest
The workshop's topics include (but are not limited to):
- Open education – the meaning of open: open access, open scholars, open educators, open learning, open science, open data, etc.
- Open pedagogy: Open Educational Practices (OEPs) and strategies
- Tools and technologies supporting Open Education
- Good practices of using OERs and MOOCs in HE, Adult Education (digital literacies, skills, pedagogy, etc.)
- MOOCs and flipped classrooms, blended learning
- Business models for OERs and MOOCs
- OERs and MOOCs for IR 4.0, for continuous up-training and re-skilling
- Responsive qualifications development and design in the context of 4IR
- Integrating IR4.0 Technologies in Education
- Education for Sustainable Development and Circular Economy
- Blockchain in Education: policies and applications
- Digital credentialing and certification using Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Tokenization of Learning
- Policies for Open Education and IR 4.0 Technologies
- Digital Transformation of Higher Education,
- Carmen Holotescu - "Ioan Slavici" University of Timisoara, Romania
- Gabriela Grosseck - West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Diana Andone - University Politehnica Timisoara, Romania
- Bogdan Patrut - „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi, Romania
For any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The evaluation period for the papers enrolled to this workshop was extended to May 01, 2022.